POSITION: Regional Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT/CATEGORY: Controls Business Unit
JOB TYPE: Salary Level 4 or 5
REPORTS TO: General Manager - Controls
LOCATION: Virtual Office
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for developing, leading and guiding the execution of sales strategies and tactics for Balancing & Control products used in the HVAC sector of Non-residential Construction. Primary role includes securing NIBCO Balancing & Control specifications and managing key customer and sales representatives (NIBCO direct sales and independent representatives).
- Develop a complete understanding of the company’s products and solutions.
- Cultivate sales opportunities by calling upon contractors, engineers, and facility owners.
- Assign and establish goals for specific sales territories and customers.
- Securing specifications with end users and specifying engineers.
- Establish and manage distribution and manufacturer’s rep. firm network.
- Coordinating specification requirements and documentation of technical aspects of products.
- Developing and delivering training for the sales force and customers.
- Tracking results and reporting.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5 to 10 years of sales experience. Piping industry or commercial construction experience is a plus.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience managing a distribution and/or manufacturer’s rep. firm network.
- Possess an understanding of the sales cycle in the construction industry.
- Experience with mechanical products a plus.
- Knowledge of Hydronic balancing a plus.
- Contributing to Team Success
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness
- Technical and Professional Knowledge